We are no longer accepting more volunteers. Thank you all!
The Ace Community Survey Team is currently looking for new volunteers, particularly people with programming or writing skills, as we try to work on our backlog of data and get out more analysis to the public.
The Survey Team is responsible for designing and releasing the Ace Community Survey each year. The Asexual Community Survey is one of the biggest data sources of quantitative data about asexual-spectrum people, which also means there is a lot of work to be done analyzing it.
The major roles that we currently need volunteers for are:
- Basic analysis of survey data
- We use Python for most analysis, but even people without experience in Python can learn how to use it.
- Exploratory analysis of survey data
- We need curious people who can analyze data, and produce results that are of interest to the ace community.
- Improving code infrastructure
- We’d like to further streamline our data analysis by writing more user-friendly code.
- Reading and interpreting text responses
- In many places, survey respondents have the option to write text responses to questions, and these responses need to be interpreted! No programming ability is necessary, but you must be familiar with ace concepts and terminology.
- Writing reports
- Even when the analysis is done, we still need to summarize the results.
- Translation of reports into other languages
- In order to make our reports more accessible to speakers of other languages, we’d like to translate them. This is especially helpful for languages spoken by people with low English fluency.
If you’re unclear on the details, don’t worry, as we do training to help people understand the ins and outs of the survey.
Time commitments are flexible depending on your availability at any given part of the year, but we recommend setting aside at least 4-5 hours a month to do work on your own time, plus an hour for monthly team meetings.
If you’re interested, please fill out this form by the end of November, and allow 1-2 weeks for a response. (If you fill out the form at a later date, the response may be slower.) If you’d like more information, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2018 Survey is still open for responses! To ensure that you have a chance to respond to it before it closes, we advise that you take it before November 15th.
Reblogged this on Der Torheit Herberge and commented: