This call for volunteers is now closed. If you’re still very interested, please e-mail us directly.
The Ace Community Survey Team is currently looking for new volunteers, particularly people with programming or technical writing skills.
Our team designs and releases a survey every year, analyzes data, and produces reports. We seek to understand the diversity and well-being of ace communities, and educate activists and researchers with up to date information.
The major roles that we currently need volunteers for are:
- Analysis of survey data
- You will analyze data, producing tables and graphs to be included in reports.
- You must be familiar with Python, or willing to learn.
- Improving code infrastructure
- You will make changes to our code base to improve our workflow. Python required.
- Reading and interpreting text responses
- You will read and classify text responses to survey questions.
- No programming ability required, but you must be familiar with ace concepts and terminology.
- Writing reports
- You will outline topics, organize results into coherent narratives, and provide editing feedback to other writers.
- Translation of reports into other languages
- You will translate existing reports to make our results accessible around the world.
Further details will be explained upon joining! We hold training sessions for new volunteers, and monthly meetings on chat.
Time commitments are flexible depending on your availability at any given part of the year, but we recommend setting aside at least 4-5 hours a month to do work on your own time, plus an additional hour for meetings.
If you’re interested, please fill out this form by the end of April, and allow 1-2 weeks for a response. (If you fill out the form at a later date, the response may be slower.) If you’d like more information, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.